To be successful, you have to be ambitious. And when it comes to transforming a boring backyard into a fascinating natural pond; all you need is creativity, enthusiasm, a little help and a lot of hard work. Reddit user, Vonbubenberg’s dad has proved this by transforming their backyard into a swimming pond with the help of his son and daughter only.
In the beginning, what may look like an idea to save some bucks turned out to be a breathtaking beautiful swimming pond that everyone would want to have in his backyard. Don’t worry if you want to build one for yourself too, as we have compiled enough photos to guide you to have one for yourself.
1. The whole project started in March 2011.
2. What it looked like in the beginning from the conservatory.
3. All started with an excavator to dig enough for the pond.
4. All the conduits are leading to the garage where the entire filtration unit was set up.
5. Little sister helping out.
6. After digging and conduit system was done, layers of felt and plastic was installed at the bottom.
7. Barrels through which the water from the pond’s filtration system was circulated.
8. In the last stretch, large decorative rocks were cemented at the bottom and the periphery of the entire pond.
9. Base layer of stones around the pond served as the finishing touch.
10. Once basic set up was done water could be filled to the fullest.
11. And some lights to make it better.
12. Then after a year, in springs of 2012 it took its final shape.
Funny yet impressive thing is, he is a business students and his dad works as an IT expert. They are not experts still, they turned their boring backyard into a stunning swimming pond. And that is really incredible.
Do you have any ideas for your backyard? How would you want to transform your backyard? Comment and share with us.