We totally empathised with you, if you are the ones to get those cold glares and awkward stares very often when at the dining table, and you are totally clueless as to why it is so ! Well let us tell you that, your dining ettiquetes or manners are the reason behind it. No! Don’t worry, you are not to be blamed for the same. It may seem as rocket science to you as it does to many others. Well you can now be relieved because, here are a few simple tips and tricks which will help get rid of those stares and glares for you.
2) And rubbing your chopsticks together like this, sound or no sound, you might scare people away with your ‘rudeness’! Or they just might think you are in the ‘kung-fu’ mood !
3) Sush! the Sushie.. Because, passing the food chopstick to chopstick is good enough only to pull off a stunt, not enough for table manners!
4) Its fun if you try! The way you place your utensils in the plate, each has am unique message associated with it.
Don’t play games with this though- that’s our disclaimer, not a suggestion! 🙂
5) This is how the whole formal set- up ideally looks like! We understand if you take your time to get it right!
6) Made for each other, they are! Don’t be the villian, thus make sure you always pass them together !
7) This is actually common sense and if not followed, it can get you the worst of glares and stares! Yes! No mobile phones and gadgets on the dining table. It that the hardest to follow? 😉 For some it maybe!
8) Now, if you are the more informal types and throwing a party, then this is how an ideal informal setting looks like!
Don’t worry, its easier than the formal setting!
9) There is a time and place for everything. even for the way you hold the utensils while eating, or even when you place them as we have seen above. Now, this may take some time and gymnastics to master!
10) It is good manners to wait, make sure that everyone is served the food, before tucking in!
11) Use your utensils outside in as is evident in the diagram! This is the minutest little tip, but also very important!
12) Oh Graceful Master! Let your abundance flow.. 😀 Not some poetic imagination! In reality too, you will earn kudos, if you tip well!
13) It is rude to use salt and pepper before first having a bite of the served food. It’s like you already know the chef hasn’t put enough taste in it. This mistake can make you seem cruel and inconsiderate in the first place. So chice is yours!
14) Rise from the dead! Placing your chopsticks vertically in the rice bowl is to be followed only and only when givng an offering to the dead!
15) Know how to have soup properly and avoid being in a soup!
16) Get rid of those lobster nightmares!
17) And the most gross mistake ever! No comments about talking while eating!
Save your face with this all time favorite table manners! Keep watching this space for more such useful tips and tricks!