Grease was an American musical romantic comedy film directed by Randal Kleiser. The film is all about two lovers in a 1950s high school. The film was successful both critically and financially at the box office, becoming the highest-grossing film of the year and in the United States, the film still remains as the highest-grossing movie musical of all time.
All you ‘Grease’ fans, start reading it’s all yours and must say Do Not Miss the 14th one, it’s amazing.
- I’m sure you did hear this song “Hopelessly Devoted To You”, which was screened at the end, and also it was the only song which made it’s way to the Oscars.
2. We all are least bothered about the dancers at the back when our lead actor and actress are on the floor, but director Randal Kleiser made sure of every little detail, they were also given names – Bart, Bubba, Moose, and Sauce.
3. Yup, Carrie Fisher was the right fit for the role of ‘Sandy’, isn’t it?
4. No doubt that even the actors gave their 100% to make this movie a grand success, Jaime Donnelly was growing gray hair that had to be dyed black for the movie.
5. Coca- Cola signs were almost blacked out, Carr made a promotional deal with Pepsi; The set decorator didn’t know that. When the producer saw footage from the movie featuring Coke products he went “ballistic”.
6. Do you remember, Marty did you know that she couln’t dance and everytime she gave a shot she sat down for a break.
7. Just imagine the movie ‘Grease’ in animated version, it would have been fun, but then the director scrapped of the idea and instead they decided to make the opening credits animated.
8. Seriously, John Travolta had to talk to Olivia into filming this song.WOW.
9. It was also said that the cast members got sick from filming the drag scene and had to be admitted to hospital in an emergency.
10. The water by the bridge in the car chase scene was actually stagnant and contaminated, and it made some of the cast members sick after filming.
11. Did you know why the lyrics “Elvis Elvis let me be, keep that pelvis far from me” were added? Because Presley died the day they filmed that scene. A tribute.
12. Yup, Grease was the highest grossing film that year.
13. You know, A ‘Hickey from Kenickie’ was 100 % real.
14. Now, this amazing stuff I came to know, Jeff Conaway had a really big crush on Olivia Newton-John, and was nervous around her on set. He ended up marrying her sister.
15. The Drive-In Scene Was Improvised, and it was a big memory because they didn’t know which ones they would use. We had the whole crew sitting around while we ran 10 trailers on the drive-in screen, trying to figure out which one to use for the number.